Our first gameplay stream has fansites abuzz! Find out what they’re saying and see some new fan creations in this issue.
Last week’s live gameplay stream from QuakeCon got you all talking. If you missed it, you can watch the replay here. Once you’ve seen it, check out the coverage on our fansites in today’s issue and get in on all the discussions. We’ve also gathered up some new fan art and fiction, and hope you’ll enjoy these creative works. If you have something you’d like to see featured in the Chronicle, send it to us at email@example.com and we’ll take a look.
Check out what some the awesome ESO fan communities around the web are doing!
This Friday, August 9th, at 7:00 PM Eastern (EDT), the ESO All-Stars will be hosting their latest live stream round table event! In this episode, they plan to talk about all the latest ESO news and answer some of your questions. We’ll see you there!
Here are your hosts:
- Andrew “Atropos” from Tamriel Foundry
- Brian “Rothalack” Schaaf from GameSkinny
- Evarwyn and Joe “The Widget” from Elder Scrolls Off the Record
- Jesse Cox
- Josh and Kyle from Shoddycast
- Mark “Lord Hammer” Taylor from Guild UMBRA
Get all the details in their announcement.
We’re always inspired by the talent of ESO fan artists. Take a look at some recent works, and don’t forget to visit our official ESO Tumblr page for more!
Amaziah Hadithi the Redguard Templar – Art by Sriinknorei, Character by Swordsaint
The Elder Scrolls: Flag of the Ebonheart Pact (Wallpaper) – By Okiir on DeviantArt
Journey to Tamriel through the eyes of other ESO fans.
Casting Shadows: Chapter Two – By BlytheAlarynn on TESOF
The sun was set low in the sky. It was cradled by two sizable hills and blanketed by a sky of woven gold. It dimly illuminated the field below. The area was wide open and seemed to stretch out for miles upon miles. Bees buzzed lazily around wild flowers that grew in luxuriant clusters wherever they pleased. Two nearby butterflies fluttered in circles around each other, vibrant flashes of color glimmering off their wings. A welcomed breeze flew past, teasing the tall grass that tickled the skin of the three bodies that sat in the center of it all, soaking up the scenery.
The Deserter: Chapter 2 – By Davek on TESO-RP
Dazog sniffed the air carefully. He was right, the smell of wet moss hung faintly in the air, which meant he was heading in the right direction. He wasn’t looking forward to confronting a mage, particularly an Argonian one. He was hoping this “dangerous stranger” was just some novice alchemist practicing his tradecraft in solitude in the hills. Dazog remembered hearing somewhere that magic-users like their privacy in order to study. He assured himself it was just some harmless student.
Scorched – By Triskele on TESOF
She narrowed her eyes against the unforgiving light of the scorching sun, the linen over her mouth to protect her lungs from the sandy winds not able to make her forget about her cracked, swollen lips, deprived of water. One foot, she thought. One foot, then the other. And continue like that. Behind her lay the lonesome trail of her boots, footsteps in the red dunes, leading all the way back to a small crevasse, above which vultures circled. Her horse had not made it.
Theodyne Robillard and The Daggerfall Covenant: Part 2 – By Theodyne Robillard on TESOF
It had been months since the night that Theodyne had met Alator Virane and joined the ranks of The Council of Arcanea. But even still he could sometimes feel the creature's blade in his shoulder as if it were still there. Sometimes he would even place his hand on the scar to make sure the wound was still closed even though it had long since healed thanks to the magic of Alator.
Listen to these excellent fan compositions, inspired by The Elder Scrolls Online:
Farrun – By Armin Gutjahr
Icy Hell (A Tribute to Coldharbour) – By Guillaume M.
Orsinium – By Thieron Booth
News and Articles
Get the latest news, info, and editorials from ESO fan site writers:
Elder Scrolls Online Info
Elder Scrolls Off the Record
- Ask Us Anything – Recent Questions from the Shoddience #3
- Elder Scrolls Lore: Ch.12 – Bretons of High Rock
- Poll Results – Ranged DPS Takes the Cake and Blows It Up Too
- A First Look at Templar Skills in ESO
- An Overview of Cyrodilic Geography
- Quakecon Video Dissection: Reactive Combat
- Weekly Screenshot Dissection – Jungle Bridges
- ESO Live Game Play Preview
- Immersive Details #6 – Why can’t I repair?
- “Show your Faction Pride” Contest: Winners Announcement
- Guild Spotlight: The Blacklight Dragoons
- The Tamriel Witness - Chronicles of The Elders Scrolls
- Tales of a Magpie: The Five Hundred
Podcasts and Videocasts
Hear fansite personalities discuss all things ESO:
- Elder Scrolls Online Actual Gameplay (QuakeCon 2013) and Live Dungeon Run (Bow Gameplay)
- Elder Scrolls Online Livestream Gameplay and Next gen Consoles
- Elder Scrolls Online New Gameplay Footage (Die Ogrim!)
- Elder Scrolls Online Roleplay News and More!
- Exclusive Developer Interview + ESO Gameplay
- New Gameplay, MMO's for beginners and character creation
Elder Scrolls Off the Record
Force Strategy Gaming
- Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay & Impressions (Quakecon 2013 Footage)
- ESO First Person Gameplay (Elder Scrolls Online)
- Tamriel Tavern - Roleplaying, Scamps, Tribunal (ESO News)
- Character Creation From QuakeCon 2013
- QuakeCon 2013 - Elder Scrolls Online - LFG system Information
- Quake Con 2013 - Elder Scrolls Online - Mount Info (NEW)
- Quake Con 2013 - Elder Scrolls Online - Templar Skills Shown
Question of the Week Answers
We’ve gathered up some of your answers to last week’s Developer Question of the Week. Watch the video to see the full question, and look for a new Developer Question of the Week this Thursday.
- “Ashe Rune (30 second stun), Incinerate (DPS), and Bane of the Undead (30 second fear). I would stun then before they get to me. Incinerate, and if they manage to live through that, fear them. I would use the tight corridors of the catacombs to my favor.” – Ryan Nesbitt
- “Charm—to convince the Orc from the Fighters Guild to do the job for me. Did it with only one spell! Am I Archmage yet?” – Nathan Hoffman
- “A wise Breton mage taught me to never start a fight without these three spells at the ready: Conjure Bound Greaves for the safety of my knees, Conjure Enhanced Pastry Pouch Seal because a stolen sweetroll is no silly matter, and Conjure Dremora Lord because they are over powered.” – William Thai
- “THREE SPELLS—you are seriously going to give a new player that many spells for their first quest? What luxury! Usually a new mage gets ONE spell, sometimes two, but THREE?” – Hawk Wind
- “I would bring a turn undead spell. It’s a catacomb, after all—there are going to be undead. A fire spell (an undead’s weakness), and maybe a summon creature spell to guard me. To me, a good mage should always be ready for any situation and quickly adapt.” – James Cain
- “My first character will be a spellsword joining the guild. Dual-wielded swords combined with lightning-based spells will be my choice. Some of the crowd control abilities will take a second seat, and lastly a healing spell, to get myself out of trouble when working alone.” – Anathros Luciendar
We hope you enjoyed all the fan creations and news in this week’s issue of The Tamriel Chronicle. We’ll be back next week with more!