Escape from your Wednesday into Tamriel with our new collection of ESO fan creations.
Your awesome fan art, music, stories, and sites make all our days brighter, and every week we hope to share a bit of that light by gathering up some of the creations we’ve seen around the web. Take a look at today’s links—we think you’ll enjoy them! If you have something you’d like to see featured in the Chronicle, send it to us at email@example.com and we’ll take a look.
We’re always inspired by the talent of ESO fan artists. Take a look at some recent works, and don’t forget to visit our official ESO Tumblr page for more!
Dark Elf Mother and Son – By Ciele on TESO-RP
Lyrannai the High Elf – By Six on TESO-RP
Rhael the Bosmer – By Pigeons on TESO-RP
Vlain, the half Breton, half Redguard Vampire – By Emeri on TESO-RP
Journey to Tamriel through the eyes of your fellow ESO fans.
The Ballad of Hlofgar – By Astaroth on TESO-RP
Hlofgar pulled back the hood of his cloak and ran dirty fingers through his equally dirty blond hair. The big Nord let out a long breath and looked to his left to see the others, his eyes showing a mixture of anxiety and impatience. It had been hours already. The twin moons were halfway across the sky, but it wasn’t going to get any darker. They had picked the wrong night for this. Too much light, and too bloody cold. They couldn’t be through with this business quick enough.
[Jin Rei] Only a Story – By Dyna on TESO-RP
Deep down in the marshes, far past where Men dare to set their soft, supple feet, and beyond the clutches of Merrish fingers, it is said there is an old hollow tree, with branches that twist and grasp after the stars they can’t hope to capture… its bark is as hard and yellow as dried up bones, and when the wind blows just so, you can hear it whispering.
Overheard and Out of Context – By Idriar on TESOF
Well, let me think... They are kinda everywhere... but you probably want to know where are a bunch of them together in one place, aye? One of their temples... well, I know one! Meridia, the winged rainbow lady, has a huge, a real huge temple, just along the big Imperial road to Solitude. You can't miss it looking westwards while northwards. Right on Mount Kilkreath. Has not always been. Let me think of another one... oh my... I could tell you of all the statues of Dagon. But they all show him in losing pose, because Dagon never wins. With a Nord hero or little girl on top. Well, sorry I couldn't help you much.
Prayers of Ash and Dust – A Collection of Prayers, Poems, and Hymns by Ashanabi Zainna on TESO-RP
Born from silken shadow thread
Through obscure paths, children lead.
Chapters of our life pre-read;
Every word that shall be said,
All the meals that we are fed,
Plotted in the spider’s head.
Let no heart be filled with dread
And swear no tears will be shed,
For though the road which we tread
Is certain to leave us dead,
Bled red and torn into shreds,
She leads only to our bed.
Listen to this great musical offering inspired by The Elder Scrolls Online:
Cyrodiil – By Armin Gutjahr
Elder Scrolls Bosmer Racial Theme – By Beware the Boar!
Fury of the Flame – By Hellwreckage Productions for ESO Guild The Argent Vigilance
New ESO Fansites
- TESO Sanctuary – Check out this new ESO videocast’s debut episode on their YouTube page.
News and Articles
Get the latest news, info, and editorials from ESO fansite writers:
- ESO Gets It’s ESRB Age Rating Confirmed – Good or Bad?
- Playstation Plus Network Not Required to Play Elder Scrolls Online!
- Pre Order Packages + Bonuses Announced!
- Elder Scrolls Lore: Tribunal – Red Year & The Fall
- Opinion Article: ESO Pre-Order Exclusives
- Poll Results: ESO’s Mature Rating is Fine By Us
The Elder Scrolls Off the Record
Podcasts and Videocasts
Hear fansite personalities discuss all things ESO:
- Elder Scrolls Online Weekly #25 Pre-Order Rewards & MORE!
- The Elder Scrolls Online - Dark Anchor Guide
- The Elder Scrolls Online - Pre Order Controversy!
- The Elder Scrolls Online Your Guide to PvP
The Elder Scrolls Off the Record
The ESO Vodcast
Contests & Upcoming Events
Don’t miss any of these current and upcoming contests and events that ESO fan communities are hosting!
ESO Community Videocast
The team that runs the ESO Community Videocast, a fan-run project, is airing their fourth live episode this weekend. Here are all the details you need to know!
- When: Saturday, February 8th at 11:00 AM EST (time change to better accommodate featured European guilds)
- Where: On their TwitchTV channel at http://www.twitch.tv/elder_scrolls_online
- Who: This episode will feature guilds from each ESO Alliance, including Syndicate, Das Netz, Herfolge Boldklub, and Ginnunga!
This ESO Community Videocast crew is always on the lookout for guilds to feature in future episodes. Stop by and give a detailed shout-out for your guild, and the hosts will include it at the end of the show!
Question of the Week Answers
We’ve gathered up some of your answers to last week’s Developer Question of the Week. Watch the video to see the full question, and look for a new Developer Question of the Week this Thursday.
- "I would join Molag Bal and help enslave all of Nirn!" – Adam VanMeter
- "I would get all the mudcrabs on my side; that’ll win us the war!" – Dyon Rachwal
- "I'd probably blind it with something then run in for some hits on the legs to slow him down, hopefully bring him to his knees where I can reach some vital spots ... assuming he doesn't start thrashing around. If I could somehow knock him flat, then I'd go for some extra damage on the head." – Danny Wester
- "I know this doesn't answer the question, but I want Mike Mays’ beard." – Chris Stauffer
- "I would have tried to kill off the imps from a distance with spells before striking at the joints on the Daedra. The less it can move, the less likely I am to be hit or that it would throw things at me." – Shane Groves
- "I would place a flock of explosive chickens at the base, whip out my Staff of Sweetrolls, and then unleash madness that even Sheogorath would envy." – Caleb Suddreth
- "Would definitely use the terrain to my advantage fighting this thing. I would try and get it underneath that stone structure and try and bring it down on top of it. Conventional weapons are going to do little and engaging on open ground is suicide. Definitely need to trap it or disable its arms somehow. Crushing it beneath that stone tower would help; then it could be engaged with normal weapons and magic." – Shawn Morris
- "As an Argonian stealth archer, I would start out sniping at the creature’s eyes and head from a distance. After wearing it down some, I would take my attack in close with a Daedric sword in one hand and the strongest shock spell I have in the other with my conjured storm atronach at my side." – Chelsea Kerr