Take a break and enjoy some awesome ESO fan creations.
Everyone is abuzz with excitement after this weekend’s big beta test. Catch up on the latest discussions and articles from fansites, check out some new stories, see what fan artists have been inspired to create, and more in this week’s issue. We love sharing new fan creations, so send your favorites to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may post them in an upcoming issue.
We’re always inspired by the talent of ESO fan artists. Take a look at some recent works, and don’t forget to visit our official ESO Tumblr page for more!
Dark Elf – By GrumpyVivec on TESO-RP
The Elder Scrolls Online Tribute – By artofpapayou on Tumblr
Breton and Imperial – By Maya Brisa
Journey to Tamriel through the eyes of your fellow ESO fans.
A First for Everything – By Thorson on TESO-RP
The thunder roared as a distant crack of lightning came crashing down onto the surface of Nirn. One of the riders tensed up, gripping the reins of his horse with a firm hand. Armored and armed, yet still afraid of a distant noise. He was convinced that thunder was only caused by the supernatural. Rituals, even. He was convinced that there were Daedra around every corner, awaiting their arrival. The others paid his superstitious paranoia no mind, offering but a scoff at the mention of ritualistic practices. Well, most of the others did not.
She slowly submerged her bare scales into the swamp. Her golden eyes like luminous bulbs against the night sky. She was decorated in rags of tribal origin and earthen tones were shaded onto them. Her fingertips traced the edge of the blade, her uncut nails scratching the bone.
Her lips curl into an open-mouthed smile, revealing a sharp and toothy grin. For ahead of her, lay a doe—pure of heart, and kind of soul.
Specific Locales in High Rock, Through the Realms of Tamriel – By Harlwystyr on TESOF
My travels through the kingdoms of High Rock linger as some of the more eventful journeys that I have experienced, in a life not entirely devoid of fascination. These realms, so tranquil and pastoral on the surface, forever prove to be dens of tension and conflict. I must confess to some surprise as I began to perceive the true capabilities of the people of the realms. Furthermore, I also look forward to see what will change when the young prince of Daggerfall takes up the throne of that nation.
[Yngrid] Eye for an Eye – By Dyna on TESO-RP
Time slowed as Yngrid stared death in the eye; she'd expected to feel something. To feel fear, maybe - to feel regret. But even now, at the end of all things, she was ice and stone and cold fury, numb to her core. Her lips moved; his name, but she'd no breath to speak it.
Listen to this great musical offering inspired by The Elder Scrolls Online:
Elder Scrolls Khajiit Racial Theme – By Beware the Boar!
Elegance of the Deep – By Armin Gutjahr
The Enemy Approaches – By Mark “Tone Walker”
The Twin Seers – Music by Hellwreckage Productions for ESO Vampire Twins Vloja and Vlain on TESO-RP
News and Articles
Get the latest news, info, and editorials from ESO fansite writers:
- Elder Scrolls Online – Game Play Footage Video *NEW & UNSEEN*
- Imperial Edition & The Explorer’s Pack Explained
- Isarii of Tamriel Foundry Reddit AMA
- Opening Up ESO, Impressions and Q&A
- Press Beta Impressions Roundup
- Racial Bonus Comparison
The Elder Scrolls Off the Record
- Aldmeri Dominion Levels 1-5 First Impressions
- Crafting in ESO – Your Tempers Really Do Matter
- Ebonheart Pact Levels 1-5 Impressions
- Elder Scrolls Online Beta – MMORPG Breakdown.
- ESO Beta Hands-on – First Impressions
- ESO Daggerfall Start Zone: First Impressions
- Picking Your Way to Riches in Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls Online – Impressions From An Elder Scrolls Purist
- The Graphics of ESO (Beta)
- Mumbling about Lore - The Ebonheart Pact - Saturday, the 15th of February
- Welcome: An Open Letter to the Community.
Podcasts and Videocasts
Hear fansite personalities discuss all things ESO:
Force Strategy Gaming
- ESO - Skill Addiction!
- ESO - The Question Every Single Beta Tester Asks in PVP :)
- ESO - Trick to Level Two Weapons at the Same Time!
- ESO Community Podcast Feb 8th, 2014
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Classes
The Elder Scrolls Off the Record
The ESO Vodcast
Contests & Upcoming Events
Don’t miss any of these current and upcoming contests and events that ESO fan communities are hosting!
ESO Lodge & The Elder Scrolls Off the Record
ESO Lodge and The Elder Scrolls Off the Record have teamed up for an Elder Scrolls Anthology giveaway. Here are all the details: http://esolodge.com/elder-scrolls-off-the-record-anthology-giveaway/
ESO Lodge has also continued adding new features to accommodate all hardware platforms that The Elder Scrolls Online will be available on. You can now browse and search all guilds and use the new search/filter option to find a guild by alliance and/or platform. Drop on by and check it out at http://esolodge.com/guilds/
The TESO-RP community is holding their next lore discussion, Lore Surgery with Mycroft & Friends, this Saturday. Stop by and participate! Here’s everything you need to know:
- When: Saturday, February 15th at 21.00 CET (8PM GMT / 3PM EST)
- Where: On the TESO-RP Mumble chat, in the Lore Discussion channel.
- Who: Your hosts will be TESO-RP members Mycroft, Galien, Neyla, Pigeons, and The Ragebear
- Discussion Topic: Ebonheart Pact lore
Question of the Week Answers
We’ve gathered up some of your answers to last week’s Developer Question of the Week. Watch the video to see the full question, and look for a new Developer Question of the Week this Thursday.
- "I'm stuck between playing as a staff and dual-swords fire Dragonknight Dark Elf or a Templar Argonian with an emphasis on the ranged abilities like sun flare. I can’t wait to continue playing them this weekend." – Lewis Aldridge
- "At first I wanted to play as a Nightblade, but then, after all the info about the Dragonknights and the developer’s gameplay, I changed my mind and decided to rule Tamriel with my Dragonknight!" – Giwrgos Panagopoulos
- "Well, the roots of the Xere Dynasty (Khajiit Battlemages) were going to work for the Dominion. But now, I believe their monarch Rajard Xere VII would frown on how little the Dominion listens to them and will likely side with King Emeric to regain certain assets not found in Elsweyr. Molag Bal is a mere nuisance for a servant of Hermaeus Mora." – Ian Gassaway
- "Yes and no. I will still play an Argonian for the Ebonheart Pact, but I had originally planned to play a supporter or healer and make armor. Now my idea of a character is more focused. As a sorcerer, I can support and protect my allies with offensive spells that damage, slow, or hold targets while those allies heal, run, or reposition." – Shane Groves
- "It's quite hard to choose the fighting style, equipment, and skills since the game is (fortunately) that open. I guess the experience in this beta will show us a way to decide. Too many thoughts with that many combinations. It's gonna keep us very busy; I can tell." – Stavros Sp
- "I really haven't decided what I am set on yet, but it is either a Nord or Khajiit Nightblade. I’m gonna focus the bow and see how that mechanic turns out." – Storm Hendrickson
- "Absolutely not! First Breton, always Breton. Probably medium armor archer." – Joel Te Whata
- "An Argonian light-armored warrior for the Ebonheart Pact, with either two swords or a sword and shield. My friends picked Nord and Dark Elf even before we knew the factions, so our allegiance is meant to be!" – James Willet