Find out what ESO fans like you have been creating, sharing, and discussing this week.
Get ready for another collection of links to great ESO fan creations. We have some awesome new stuff for you, and we hope you’ll enjoy the art, music, and more—all made by ESO fans like you. If you have a favorite ESO-inspired creation or a fansite you’d like to see featured, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll consider it for an upcoming issue.
We’re always inspired by the talent of ESO fan artists. Take a look at some recent works, and don’t forget to visit our official ESO Tumblr page for more!
Manarion Elahriel – By RedMorpho on DeviantArt
Shir-Ava the Argonian – Art by Ana “Aadoris” Alvarez, character by EL.058 on TESO-RP
Art inspired by Miracle of Sound's The Elder Scrolls Online Tribute, The Call – By Alyona Maksimova on Tumblr
Journey to Tamriel through the eyes of other ESO fans.
The Caged Lion: Part 3 & 4 – By Do’Rakk on TESOF
The streets of Corinthe had fallen into despair ever since Ra’Sir had named himself Lord of House Solvandi. While the manor itself and the area surrounding had prospered greatly, this area was reserved only for Ra’Sir and those that found favor in his eyes. The other citizens had been taxed into poverty in order to fuel the decadent lifestyle of the wealthy. People were regularly forced to choose between starvation, prison, or fleeing to the southern half of Corinthe.
Home is Where the Hearth Is – By Annarieu on TESO-RP
Lujaynne trudged down the path that led to Farrun, welcoming the time to be at home, and dreading it as well. She had been gone a sound six months this time around and she was looking forward to a few weeks of being with her family. Scratch that, she was looking forward to a few weeks not chasing down jobs and performing them, sometimes under grizzly circumstances. Time at home would be another battle she knew she wouldn't enjoy, but she had very little alternatives in the matter. Go home, or stay on the road.
Something was rising in him, something urgent. Before he quite knew what it was, he felt the energetic surge of absorbing the powers of the Flamesteel Blade, the metal bending as if near a source of immense heat. From the depths of his mind, as he controlled her body, he felt Jalinda awake.
"Greetings," the mind of the Old Meddler told her as if nothing had transpired, though warm regard washed out of his mind and into Jalinda's, causing a mental vortex of astonished awareness tinged with bewilderment. "I have many unfinished tasks ahead of me."
Magefire – By Thorfinn on TESOF
The Dunmer clasped his ashen grey hands together solicitously. “All I require is a small demonstration”, he reminded Thorfinn, looking at him expectantly.
“I have already told you, I do not meddle in sorcery”. He stated if flatly, harshly.
“Ahem” coughed the elf’s partner, the second gate-warden, a Breton. “I rather fear it will be impossible for you to enter, young master, quite impossible. Regrettable, but”, he held up a long finger, “Impossible.
Listen to these great musical offering, inspired by The Elder Scrolls Online:
Ritter des alten Kodex - Main Theme – By Lost_Hawk
Tamriel: An Introduction – By Ian West
News and Articles
Get the latest news, info, and editorials from ESO fansite writers:
Elder Scrolls Online Info
The Elder Scrolls Online Info team has recently added tons of new info and guides to their site. Here are just a few—visit their site for all of them:
- Builds, Guild Market, Daedric Artifacts and many more - Interview with Nick Konkle
- Playing ESO solo (single player story)
- Skills and Talents in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Elder Scrolls Online Preview: The Argonians
- Is Subscription the Right Choice for Elder Scrolls Online?
The Elder Scrolls Off the Record
Podcasts and Videocasts
Hear fansite personalities discuss all things ESO:
Deagen, Soma, & Tamriel Foundry
- Elder Scrolls Online Weekly #14 - Will ESO Revolve Around PvP
- Elder Scrolls Online: Skill Overview - Armor Types
- PvP Talk Episode 3 - Player Hitbox & Capturing Keeps!
The Elder Scrolls Off the Record
Ziggs RPG (TGN)
Contests & Upcoming Events
Don’t miss any of these current and upcoming contests and events that ESO fan communities are hosting!
The ESO Lodge crew is preparing for their Elder Scrolls Anthology marathon starting this Saturday, November 2nd, to support Extra Life. Read more about it here:
The TESO-RP team holds a lore chat called “Lore Surgery with Mycroft & Friends” every Saturday at 2:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM CET.
Also, you can also still take part in the TESO-RP one-year anniversary competition. It ends on November 21st. Don’t miss out on a chance to win some great prizes!
Question of the Week Answers
We’ve gathered up some of your answers to last week’s Developer Question of the Week. Watch the video to see the full question, and look for a new Developer Question of the Week this Thursday.
- "This is the story: Sheogorath invited him to a tea party, and Sheogorath said, "Cheese for Everyone! Except Molag." Molag got sad and ran away. He saw me adventuring and I had a few cheeses in my pocket, so he decided to rob me and take my soul as an extra. Molag didn't want to show signs of weakness so he pretended he stole my soul for something important." – Diogo Bento
- "I was chosen because he can see me through the computer screen, and has been watching me since Arena. Oh god...I think he took my soul, not my character's..." – Peter Larsen
- "Molag Bal chose my character because she was born on a certain day in a certain land under a certain sign, and all of the planetary bodies in the sky were in alignment for the first time in centuries. Or she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was the first soul he saw to capture. Either way, it seems she has some work to do!" – Marvin Raines
- "Because I am the incarnation of a new Daedric Prince, one at the beginnings of life and discovering my power. I do not realize it yet, but while he is stunting my growth he also uses my soul to power a weapon that can destroy other Daedric Princes so he will be the only one. Tamriel is just a bonus." – Saetas Sven
- "Because he has a death wish." – Nathan Baker
- "Molag Bal's intentions are always brutality and torture. It's hard to judge him based on a human standpoint, because in his world these things are the norm and he only ‘steps into’ our world to cause havoc with what he deems normal. I'd say he knew my character was going to be born and guided him purposefully to the point of meeting him for reasons probably involving pain, and Molag Bal’s personal enjoyment. Sounds a lot like him anyways." – Matthew Goldstein
- "I think he wants to create a powerful summoned creature, and Soul Gems are what he needs to feed that being. Or, what if he is planning a new type of enchantment for his Mace that is necessary to subjugate the entirety Nirn?" – Joseph Cauchi
- "Molag Bal wanted my soul for only one reason: so that he might gain for himself the only thing more powerful than an Elder Scroll: an Elder Roll. What kind of roll you ask? A sweet one! That's right! He wants, all for himself, the knowledge and power of the Elder Rolls! However, as I am the last surviving member of the Knightly Order of the Swirl, I will not let this happen. Akatosh only knows what might happen if Molag Bal got his teeth around one!" – Avery H.
We hope you enjoyed all the fan creations and news in this week’s issue of The Tamriel Chronicle. We’ll be back next week with more!