We have tons of great fan creations to share with you in this week's issue.
With all the new impressions of The Elder Scrolls Online popping up across the web, it's been a busy week for our fansites! There's a lot to discuss, and we've found some great articles and podcasts to share along with more excellent art, fiction, and other creative works. You just keep surprising and delighting us with your artistic talents. Enjoy this week's links, and send anything you'd like to see in the Chronicle to us at email@example.com.
We’re always inspired by the talent of ESO fan artists. Take a look at some recent works, and don’t forget to visit our official ESO Tumblr page for more!
ESO: After the Battle – By SlayerSyrena on DeviantArt
Mannimarco – By VictoriaDAEDRA on DeviantArt
ESO: Razum-dar – By SirDomPayne on DeviantArt
The White Gold Tower – By the-Orator on DeviantArt
Journey to Tamriel through the eyes of your fellow ESO fans.
A Perfect Plan – By Evaan on TESO-RP
Evaan walked across the bridge leading to Vivec's Temple Canton, checking his plan once more in his head as he did so. Ahead of him the structure rose out of the water, the sandstone walls seeming to glow gold in the summer sun. Complimenting this was the rich red Temple banners wafting gently in the breeze, the symbol of Almsivi emblazoned boldly on every sheet. In front of the three spires of the temple proper stood the larger-than-life statues of the god-king Vivec, his legendary feats on display for the entire city. All around echoed the roar of the outlets from the canalworks, pouring the sewage of the building out in surprisingly beautiful waterfalls.
[Agnar Gunnrulf] Sunny Days of Yore – By Agnar Gunnrulf on TESO-RP
They charged at each other, a noble Breton warrior with his long two-handed long-sword and his opponent, a proud and able Nord, toting a single one-handed blade. The two soon clashed, locking weapon for weapon, the furious song of battle echoing across the fields as these two great men fought for their homelands.
[Neela] Without Quarter - Chapter One: The Culling of Senchal – By Neela on TESO-RP
Fire. Raging fire engulfed the scoundrel den of Senchal. Once a massive trading port for pirates, smugglers, and merchants; in the last few hours half of its neighborhoods had been reduced to kindling and ash by Khajiit soldiers, some of which were still foolishly running through the streets looting whilst others carried on with their job. The smell of rotting and burning flesh permeated the air, dead bodies of Khajiiti littering the streets. Screams could be heard at every corner. Buildings withered and cried out as they burned to the ground. The world was coming to an end.
When Strength Fails [Asynja Mournskold] – By Six on TESO-RP
The morning was brisk. The mists over the marshes were turned a faint purpled hue as the sun peeked over the horizon, the cabin just another silhouette amongst the twisted shadows of trees and stone. All was silent, save for...
Crack. Thunk. Crack. Thunk.
Listen to this great musical offering inspired by The Elder Scrolls Online:
A Bosmeri Sleeping Song – By Dyna on TESO-RP
Elder Scrolls Orsimer Racial Theme – By Beware the Boar!
The Collective – Music by Hellwreckage Productions for The Collective guild on TESO-RP
The ESO community is growing! We’re thrilled to see so many awesome new ESO sites pop up recently. Some are created and run by fans just like you. Be sure to check them out!
- Elder Scribes: http://www.elderscribes.com/
- Elders Reach: http://www.eldersreach.com
- ESOHead: http://esohead.com/
- ESOUI: http://www.esoui.com/
- Tales of Tamriel: http://www.talesoftamriel.com/
- Tamriel Journal: http://tamrieljournal.com/
- TESO Life: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com
News and Articles
Get the latest news, info, and editorials from ESO fansite writers:
- Elder Scrolls Lore: Wolf Queen of Solitude (Video included)
Swords of the Divine
- Elder Scrolls Online: BETA Gameplay! [Dark Anchor]
- Exclusive Daggerfall Covenant Tour of the City “Daggerfall”
- A First Look at Group Dungeons In ESO (Video included)
- Dragonknight Class Impressions
- ESO: Isarii’s Comprehensive Review
- Presenting the ESO Interactive Map
- Press PvP Impressions Roundup
- Sorcerer Class Impressions
- Templar Class Impressions
The Elder Scrolls Off the Record
- Cyrodiil: Epicness Ensues
- ESO Sub Fee: Is the Game Worth the Coin?
- ESOTR’s Exclusive: “Elder Scrolls Online” Weekend Beta Test, Video Coverage! (Videos included)
- Learn More About Dark Anchors in A new ‘Creating ESO’
- My ESO Class Comparison: Sorcerer vs Templar
- PVP In ESO – Alliance Warfare on a Grand Scale? (Video included)
Podcasts and Videocasts
Hear fansite personalities discuss all things ESO:
Force Strategy Gaming
- Elder Scrolls Online - Crafting Overview
- Elder Scrolls Online - My First Group Dungeon (Banished Cells)
- Elder Scrolls Online - Perspective Matters (First vs Third)
- Elder Scrolls Online - Public Dungeons
- The Force Feed
- Things to Do in ESO (Elder Scrolls Online)
- TESO - The Elder Scrolls Online  - Templar PvP
- TESO - The Elder Scrolls Online - Character Selection Easter Egg
- ESO PVP - Daggerfall Covenant vs Aldmeri Dominion (Mostly Harmless vs. ER, PRX...)
- TESOTools - Maps, Mods, Wiki, Skill Builder for the Elder Scrolls Online!
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Bleakrock Isle Part 1
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Bleakrock Isle Part 2
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Kenarthi's Roost Part 1
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Kenarthi's Roost Part 2
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Lockpicking
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Racial Skills
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Stros M'Kai Part 1
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Wailing Prison
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics - Weapons & Armor
- The Elder Scrolls Online Basics Stros M'Kai Part 2
- The Elder Scrolls Online PVP - DragonKnight
- The Elder Scrolls Online PVP - Nightblade
- The Elder Scrolls Online PVP - Templar
- The Elder Scrolls Online - World Encounters / Boss's
- The Elder Scrolls Online - Crafting Overview (Gameplay/Walkthrough)
- Elder Scrolls Online - Public Dungeons
- The Elder Scrolls Online - Treasure Maps Explained
Tales of Tamriel
The Elder Scrolls Off the Record
- An In-depth look at Crafting in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Episode 99: Our Gameplay in Elder Scrolls Online
The ESO Vodcast
- Elder Scrolls Online Starting Zone for All Alliances [Full Walkthrough]
- Elder Scrolls Online Tutorial: Joining the Fighters Guild [Walkthrough]
- ESO: My First Challenging Boss Encounter
Contests & Upcoming Events
Don’t miss any of these current and upcoming contests and events that ESO fan communities are hosting!
ESO COMMUNITY VIDEOCAST
The ESO Community Videocast, a fan-run project, is airing their fifth live episode this weekend. Here are all the details you need to know!
- When: Saturday, February 22nd at 7:00 PM EST
- Where: On their TwitchTV channel at http://www.twitch.tv/elder_scrolls_online
- Who: This episode will feature the 13th Legion and ChillBilly from Tamriel Gold Goblin!
- What: We’ll also share our impressions of the higher level content, including high level crafting, Veteran Ranks and the Veteran Dungeons!
Stop by and give a detailed shout-out for your guild and we’ll include it at the end of the show!
Question of the Week Answers
We’ve gathered up some of your answers to last week’s Developer Question of the Week. Watch the video to see the full question, and look for a new Developer Question of the Week this Thursday.
- "I've eaten Sweet Rolls tougher than you." – Armand Romero
- "Your blood will boil, your flesh will rend, and your bones will shatter when you behold the dark legions of Oblivion!" – Benjamin James
- "I will use your soul as a plaything!" – Nathan James Presti
- "You should have brought a better healer." – Sean Hitch
- "My chains will fit you well." – Robert Karnes
- "Know that when this is over, I shall decorate the walls of the imperial city with the still beating hearts of all who would dare stand against me!" – Josh O'Neil
- "Pathetic slave, rattling his master's chains.... Will you still defy my will after I tear your world asunder?" – Lukas Irwin
- "It will take more than that to get back what I've taken." – John Fischer
- "How quaint, the kwama found swords." – Jon Miller
- "You are but a play thing who breaks so easily… bend to my will or be crushed for defiance!" – Aubury Doherty
- "Waste your time here, fighting the inevitable. Elsewhere, a thousand other Anchors work to draw your world closer. No matter how hard you grip your weapons, tomorrow you will wake in Coldharbour." – Dylan Yeomans